Are you a fan of vanity plates and want to give your trading account a custom name? Or, do you have multiple accounts and wonder about the symbology behind each account type? Whether you love giving an account a custom name or need to keep things organized, nicknames and symbols can keep your accounts better organized.
How to edit the nickname of your trading account
Start by logging in at tastytrade.com
Giving your account a nickname starts by logging in to your account at tastytrade.com, or click here. After logging in, navigate to My Accounts and click any of the menu items listed below. Step-by-step instructions are also listed below:
- Log in to your account at tastytrade.com, or click here.
- After logging in, navigate to My Accounts and select any of the menu items listed below. For this example, we'll click Balances.
- Once inside the Balances page, your account will list. If you have multiple accounts, then click
and select the account you wish to edit the nickname.
- After selecting the account, edit nickname (in red) will appear to the right of the account. Click edit nickname, and a text field will appear. For your reference, your account type lists beneath the account number.
- Enter your nickname and click SAVE. For the example below, we'll use the nickname $Maker
- Restart your trading platform after giving your account a nickname. After restarting, your account will display the nickname. If your monitor does not have enough room to display your entire account nickname, then it will be shortened with an ellipsis. Below, our $Maker nickname reflects in the trading platform after restarting it.
Account types are separated by a symbol
You can quickly tell each of your account types by referring to the icon displayed to the left of your account nickname/label. Any duplicate account types will use the same symbol but will separate by color. At this time, the assigned color and symbol to each account cannot be changed.
- Circle - Individual Cash and Individual Margin
- Diamond - Traditional IRA, Beneficiary Traditional IRA
- Clubs - Roth IRA, Beneficiary Roth IRA
- Spades - SEP IRA
- Heart - Joint Accounts
Example of different account symbols displayed in the accounts pane