Need to keep track of price targets while you're on the go or navigating the platform? On the tastytrade Desktop and Web platform, you can generate alerts based on the bid, ask, or last price of an underlying. Alert notifications display on the platform and are also sent to your e-mail address or to your phone via push notification.
Alerts Menu Location
To create an alert in the Desktop Platform, open the right-hand sidebar menu. Along the right-hand side of the sidebar menu, click on the Alerts menu bell icon.
Alerts tab location on Desktop Platform
How to Set an Alert
Once inside the alert menu, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Type the symbol you want to track into the Alert Symbol text field.
- Select what you want to track by clicking the Alert On dropdown menu. You can choose the price metric you would like to track, such as Last, Bid, or Ask.
- After you choose what you want to track, you can select how you want to track it. Beneath the Operator dropdown menu, you will have the option to choose: < (less than) or < (greater than).
- Lastly, enter a Threshold number, or the number you want to be base your alert from.
- Once finished, click Create Alert. You will see this alert populate beneath the column labeled Current Alerts. The image below illustrates an alert when TSLA reaches less than $250.
Creating Alert on Desktop Platform
When an alert is triggered, an audible alarm will sound on the desktop platform and display the alert in the platform's top left-hand corner of the platform.
Alert Trigger Notification on Desktop Platform
Delete New and Old Alerts
To delete an un-triggered alert click on the X to the right of each created alert. Additionally, to remove a triggered alert, click the green checkmark or click the red X Clear Triggered button to clear all triggered alerts.
Clearing Alerts on Desktop Platform
Sort and Filter Alerts
Within the Current Alerts dropdown you can sort your Alerts by selecting Created At, A-Z, Z-A, Triggered Price Asc (Ascending) or Triggered Price Desc (descending) from the dropdown menu.
Filtering and Sorting Alerts on Desktop Platform
Alerts Menu Location
To create an alert in the Web Browser Platform, open the right-hand sidebar menu. Along the right-hand side of the sidebar menu, click on the Alerts menu bell icon.
Location of the Alerts Tab on the Web Browser platform
How to set an Alert
- Type the symbol you want to track into the ALERT SYMBOL text field.
- Select which type of price you want to track by clicking the Alert On dropdown menu. There, you can select to track the symbols Last Price, Bid Price, or Ask Price. After you choose what you want to track, you can select how you want to track it. Beneath the Operator dropdown menu, you will have the option to choose < (less than) or < (greater than).
- Lastly, you’ll have the opportunity to enter a Threshold number or the number you want to base your alert from.
- Once ready, click Create Alert. You will see the alert populate beneath the column labeled: “Current Alerts.”
To delete an un-triggered alert, click on the trash icon to the right of it.
Creating and Deleting Alerts on Web Platform
Push Alerts on Mobile
Triggered alerts also appear on your mobile device as push notifications, as long as you have the tastytrade mobile platform installed and have push notifications enabled. If you have the tastytrade mobile app installed and are not receiving any push notifications, then you may need to check your smartphone's settings menu. To learn more, please click here.
Example of alert push notification received
How to manage your email and push notification alert settings
To set up or stop email and push notification alerts for any triggered alert, log in to your account at my.tastytrade.com and go to My Profile>Communication Preferences. To disable triggered alerts via email, turn off Account Communication. Furthermore, there is a Manage Your Subscription Preferences at the bottom of each stock alert email, which will take you to Communication Preferences. You will still receive any essential account-related communications, such as notifications of a deposit or withdrawal request, as this setting only disables non-essential communications.
Arrows directing how to enable alerts via email