Do you have a working order that you want to cancel or edit? We’ve broken down how to cancel working orders and edit them within the tastytrade downloadable desktop platform, the web-browser platform, and the mobile app.
tastytrade Desktop Platform
First, we’ll need to locate the order, but where can they be found? They are displayed in three different locations.
- Orders window (if the right sidebar menu is displayed): Located at the bottom of the Overview tab in the right sidebar menu.
- Positions tab (if the Working filter is enabled): If symbol groups are enabled, it can be located within its respective symbol group. If Symbol Groups are not enabled, then it will appear on its own. Both can be easily identified with a yellow working icon.
- Activity tab: Working orders can be viewed when the Working filter is enabled. You will know if working orders are displayed if the Working filter is illuminated yellow.
If you're having trouble getting an order filled and you want to see some reasons why then click here.
Canceling an Order in Desktop Platform
- Once you locate the working order, right-click on it. A pop-up menu will appear. Click on CANCEL ORDER: The order will appear as canceled in your Orders window and Activity tab. A cancel symbol will accompany the canceled order. Once canceled, a notification window will appear for a few seconds on the top left-hand corner of the platform, as illustrated below.
Editing a Working Order in Desktop Platform
- Once you locate the working order, right-click on it. A pop-up menu will appear. Please click on REPLACE ORDER.
- After you click Replace Order, it will bring you to the Trade tab. There, you will have to ability to change your order’s price. You may only change the order’s price when replacing a working order. You will have to cancel and re-enter the order if you want to change the quantity or option strike(s) you want to trade.
- Once you are finished adjusting the price, you may click Review & Send to review the order before clicking Send Order to send the order. The old order will cancel, and the newly edited order will replace it and be working.
Cancel or Edit an Order in Web-Based Platform
- Go to the Activity menu by clicking the Activity icon along the left-hand column.
- Locate the Working order under WORKING and click the order. The order details will expand below and offer you the ability to cancel the order or edit the order.
Cancel or Edit an Order in the Mobile Platform
Replacing/Editing a Working Order
To replace a working order, tap the order displayed in Activity. Four buttons will appear, tap Replace to make changes to your working order. Only the price may be changed when replacing an order. Any changes to the quantity or the strike will require entering a new order.