IRA Tax Form Guide

Are you saving up for your golden years or are enjoying them? Whether you made a contribution or a distribution to your IRA account, then chances are you received a tax form. If you're wondering, “now what?” then you’re in the right place.

As an IRA account owner, you may receive one (or both) of the following forms:

  • Form 1099-R: Used to report distributions from an IRA
  • Form 5498: Used to report contributions to an IRA

You can view our form guide (PDF) below within this article. Or, if you prefer to print it or keep a copy for yourself then click here. You can also find a link to download this PDF guide at the bottom of this article. We know taxes can be as exhilarating as watching paint dry, which is why we designed the guide below to help make sense of your IRA Tax Document Guide.

tastytrade, Inc. nor any of its employees or affiliates are licensed tax professionals, and do not provide tax or retirement advice. Please consult a tax or financial advisor about your specific retirement planning needs and questions.