At tastytrade, you can fund your account in four different ways: ACH, Wire, Check, and ACAT. To watch a video instead, click here. Accounts cannot be funded using a credit card or any online payment system (e.g., PayPal). If you just applied for a tastytrade account, you must wait for your account to be open before you can fund your account. International customers click here for available funding methods.
At tastytrade, we do not accept third-party funding of any kind. The name on the account associated with your ACH, wire, check, or ACAT must match the name on your tastytrade account.
The most convenient way to fund is by setting up an ACH relationship. An ACH establishes an electronic relationship between your bank account and your tastytrade account. To learn more about establishing an ACH relationship, click here. Once your bank account is linked, you'll be able to move funds to and from your brokerage account with ease. You can set up an ACH relationship by signing in to your account after your account is open. An ACH relationship can only be established with a U.S.-based bank account. Brokerage-to-brokerage ACH relationships are not supported. To transfer cash directly from a brokerage account, please use a wire transfer.
International customers may only set up an ACH relationship with a US-based bank account. An ACH relationship with third-party transfer service, such as TransferWise, cannot be established. To learn about available funding options for international customers, please click here.
Fund your account via wire transfer. To do so, please contact your bank to provide the following information on their outgoing wire form.
Bank Name & Address
BMO Harris Bank
111 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA Routing Number
(for non-domestic wires, please use our SWIFT code instead of an IBAN. Our SWIFT Code is HATRUS44 or HATRUS44XXX)
Recipient/Beneficiary Account Number
IMPORTANT: Do not enter your tastytrade account number as the receiving bank account number. Make sure you are wiring into this bank account number: 1619329
tastytrade via Apex Clearing
350 N. St. Paul Street
Dallas, TX 75201
For Further Credit to / Memo / Message to Recipient / Description
Some wire forms will have a dedicated section for the final recipient/beneficiary information (your tastytrade
account information), but some might not.
- If the wire form you are completing has a dedicated section for this information, this is where you should provide your name (as it appears on your tastytrade account), your tastytrade account number.
- If the wire form you are completing does not have a dedicated section for this information, there should be a “Memo,” “Message to Recipient,” or similar section that allows you to provide additional information to the wire recipient. The wire should transmit successfully as long as you provide your tastytrade account number in this section.
In most cases, wire transfers from U.S.-based banks will land in your account the next business day. Wires from international sources may take 3-5 business days. To learn more about wire transfers, click here.
For international customers looking for an alternative to a traditional wire transfer, please click here.
Funds deposited by check are typically available for trading three business days after posting to your account. Just make the check payable to tastytrade, include your account number on the memo line and mail it to the address below. When mailing a check to tastytrade, we suggest using a courier that provides tracking information to ensure delivery.
Attn: Account Services
1330 W. Fulton St.
Chicago, IL 60607
To learn about funding by check, click here.
You can fund your tastytrade account by transferring an existing account over from another brokerage firm through an ACAT. To initiate this process, please follow these steps:
- Open up a like account with tastytrade.
- Use our Electronic Transfer portal (if supported by your broker) OR sign an Account Transfer (ACAT) Form. The ACAT form can be found in the link below.
- Scan the completed form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "ACAT Request." Also, include a copy of the most recent statement for your account at the other brokerage firm.
To learn about ACAT transfers, click here.